Monday 30 April 2012

My Creative Sketches Challenge

Morning my scrappy friends =) Hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend. I have a couple of layouts to share that I created over the weekend. The first is for My Creative Sketches. It is a photo taken on Saturday of Hubbie & I on a bush walk. I really wanted to do a bright and fun layout to kind of lift the mood a little! DH has just been made redundant after working for a company for over 10 years along with 300+ other people. He has gone off to work this morning as just one of two remaining employees. I can't imagine two people just rattling around in a huge building. So life for us is in limbo at the moment. He works in a fairly specialized finance field so how easy it will be to get another job, we don't know yet. Or if we will have to move interstate, if we will have to downsize our house + all my business plans for the next 6 months are hanging on what will happen with his work. So basically, I just wanted to do a layout about 'no matter what happens we still have each other'!



Some hidden journalling


And this is one I did for the sketch challenge at Handmade By Suzanne. It kind of a took off in another direction for the sketch though. Has happened a lot lately lol. My hidden journalling for this one reads..'From the time you were first able to talk I have been able to have whole conversation with you when you sleep. This week...
G -"Mitch, time to get up"
M - "I Can't!"
G - "Why?"
M - "I am making a new colony"
G - "Really.."
M - "We are called the Rubber Duckies"
G - "I see"
M - "Quack!"

And no I won't let him live this down anytime soon lol!







Have an awesome week girls! TFL xox

20 comments:

  1. Again you have Created Brilliantly...
    Both layouts are FAN FAB U LAS G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! These are gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the paint splatters on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome...both of them. That's all I can say :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how you've used black ink/paint???? Looks really great....eeekkk! Not easy when work is up in the air & you have no idea what direction life is going to take.... I hope it all works out & I'm sure it will....trust your instincts:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both layouts, so much meaning behind each one. I especially love the one of the sleepy one, the colours look great as do the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am sorry to hear about your Hubbys work, I do hope a new door will open when this one shuts... and your layouts are totally amazing.. really amazing.. the layers, the photos, and I had to laugh about the story behind your son talking in his sleep.. how funny... but scrapped fabulously!! I do hope you have a good week...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear that about your hubby! I really hope everything will turn out to be fine for you! Your Together layout looks gorgeous! And so does the other one. I love the artsy feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your hubby's work, Georgia....fingers crossed that everything works out for you both. xx

    Wow, both layouts are amazinggggg....I especially love the HBS sketch layout.
    Gorgeous work <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love how you can go from a pretty layout to a super grungy one- both fabulous pieces!! I loved the story about the dream- DH used to talk in his sleep a lot when we first got together (we used to drink a bit back then LOL!)~ I can still remember a crazy one about a cowboy HA!
    So you gave me a laugh this morning :).
    Can't wait to see all of your winning posts next month at all the challenges you've participated in this month!! ;)
    Take care,
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous LO's I love the grunge its amazing. and the journaling FUNNY!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wanted to wish you gus Good Luck no matter what the future holds you are absolutely right!!

      Delete
  11. WOW!! gorgeous creations! and what an awesome guy page!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow Georgia ... wow wow wow !!!!!!you create such awesome outstanding work ... love it all xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...beautiful page!! I hope that everything works out for you. Thanks for playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about the redundancy. That must have been unexpected after 10 years with the same company. I hope everything works out for you.

    Love the LO about your son. My husband tells me I have conversations with him when I'm asleep too and they apparently make as much sense as the one you journalled about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the dimension on your pages! You do such beautiful work. Thank you for playing along with the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning pages! Sorry to hear about your husbands job, I hope he finds something suitable soon.
    Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear about hubby's job. I hope something comes up soon. HMMM some worrying times with unemployment around Australia at the moment..... As always I luv both ur pages. I like the grungy twist u got goin on!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great layouts indeed. I hope your hubby's situation changes soon. Thanks so much for taking part in our challenge, your submissions are always so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful pages!!! Sorry to hear about your husbands job, I am sending positive thoughts your way that he will find a new position soon!!!

    Love your pages!

    ReplyDelete